The mills and the venici of Rrjoll

The mills and the venici of Rrjoll
From the “Register of Land Registry and Concessions for the district of Shkoder for the years 1416 – 1417 we find that in the length of the river Rrjoll there were about 44 grinding mills and the valanica where they produced Shajak, for the clothing of other mountaineers, but the mills and valanics were not only owned by the natives, but also by the lords and religious institutions of the villages and other areas, which had clearly defined the property. Among the books in the Ragusa archive there are artisans from this city, such as carpenters and shoemakers … “The well-known Croatian albanologist Milan Shuflaj in his book” SERBIAN AND ALBANIANS “on page 15 for Ballexa states, among other things, that its history may have started in the seventh century.

About Author

laxaro